5 SEA Games medalist and Experienced Athletics Coach
NROC Registered Coach
MOE Registered Coach
Brief Story of Thangavelu
Thanga, originally from the Malaysia, was Malaysia top Middle Distance runner in the late 80’s to early 90’s.
In his hey days, besides the 5 SEA Games medals he garner, Coach Thanga was also known competitor in Road Races and other local meets especially in Singapore.
With all the training and experiences, Coach Thanga is now helping adults and children to realise their athletic dreams by coaching schools and private athletes in Singapore.
Courses / Seminars Attended
- IAAF – Level 1 (Singapore)
- ASCA – Australia Strength and Conditioning Association
- SSC – NCAP Level 1 & 2
- SAA/SSC – National Coaching Accreditation Programme Level 1 (T & F)
- First Aid Course (Singapore Red Cross)
- MSC – Sports Science Level 1
- SSC/MOE – National Standards for Youth Sports
- 15th SEA Games (1989) – Silver Medalist in 1500m
- 16th SEA Games (1991) – Gold Medalist in 1500m & Bronze Medalist in 800m
- 17th SEA Games (1993) – Gold Medalist in 800m & Bronze Medalist in 3000 S/C
- Currently coaching our Local schools & Private classes